Is your Android Smartphone loaded with features, pictures, and other applications that are of no use to you? How to speed up an android smartphone which is running slowly and creating problems with your daily performance? What methods can be employed to make the Android Smartphone running like new? Read on to find out.
BEST WAYS TO SPEED UP AN ANDROID SMARTPHONE
- Step 1: Uninstall Old Apps
To uninstall the unnecessary and less used apps on your phone, use the following steps.
- Tap the Settings app from your app drawer in the bottom of your home screen.
- Tap the Apps or Application manager option.
- Switch to the All tab and this will display all of the apps which have been installed on your phone.
- Scroll and decide on the apps that you don’t require.
- Tap the app that you need to uninstall and tap on the Uninstall button.
- Tap on the Disable or Turn Off icon if the app cannot be uninstalled.
- Repeat the process for all the apps that you don’t require.
Check also: How to Choose a Smartphone? Follow 7 Steps
- Step 2: Clearing unnecessary and old files
To clean out the old files, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Tap the app list button and tap on Downloads.
- Tap the Trash button or the delete button.
- Tap in the files that you want to delete as each file you would want to delete will have an icon next to it.
- Tap on the Delete or the Clear option.
- Check the box that says Delete downloaded files and then tap Clear.
- Step 3: Clearing out the Cache memory
- Tap on the Settings app from your app drawer in the bottom of your home screen.
- Tap on the Storage or Storage and USB option.
- Tap on Cached Data and Tap on the OK button.
- This will clear all the cached data in your device and make the phone faster.
- Step 4: Transfer and remove pictures
This is another step required in order to speed up an android smartphone. The steps employed are:
- Connect the Android device to your computer using a USB.
- Swipe down from the Android Screen and tap on the USB notification.
- Select on MTP or File Transfer option and open the Computer/This PC window.
- Right clicks on your Android Device and click on the Import pictures and videos option.
- Click on More Options and Check on the Delete files after importing box.
- Click on OK and click on Import all items now button.
- Enter a name in the folder thus created and click on Import. This will make the photos to be copied to the computer and to be deleted from your Android phone.
For the Mac, transferring and removing pictures needs the following steps:
- Connect the android to the Mac and swipe down from the top of the Android Screen.
- Tap on the USB connection option, tap on Photo Transfer and click on the Go menu on your Mac.
- Click on Applications, Image Capture, and click on your android device on the Devices menu.
- Click on the arrow in the lower left corner and click on Delete after import box.
- Click on Import all.
- Step 5: Factory reset
For this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Backup all of your contacts and data.
- Save any files that might be needed.
- Tap on the Settings app in your Android and tap on the Personal tab.
- Tap on Backup and reset and tap on Factory Data Reset.
- Tap on Reset Phone and wait for the device to reset.
- Start the device setup process and sign in with your Google account.
Check also: iPhone vs Android: 8 Reasons Android is Better?