In this article we’re going to discuss about how to charge your mobile phone even when laptop is power off. We‘ll learn how we can use eSATA/USB port of our laptop to charge smartphone using USB data cable even with closed laptop. It’s not a joke or fun.
Whenever you charged your phone you need to turn on your laptop also without making it shut down or sleep. But now with these following steps, you can charge smartphone even when laptop is power off.
- Select “My Computer” and “Right Click” on that icon and select “Properties”
- Now click on “Device Manager”
- Click “Universal Serial bus controllers”
- Now “Select Root Hub” option, do right click and select “Properties”
- Click on “Power Management” and Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”. Finally click on “OK”.
- Now you’ve done.
Still, you have any confusion to follow the steps, look at the picture below and do charge your smartphone even when laptop is power off.
Note: It’s not going to consume any more power if you are not charging your phone while laptop is off. If you do charge your handset while laptop is off then it will reduce laptop charge but very less that you go for a long time.