If you need to record a video message to send to family members, colleagues or family then this article will surely be useful for you. There might be a need to broadcast a video of yourself over the internet and this is possible by using a webcam. There are a number of ways to record video and upload it using a PC or a Mac. On a Windows computer, you can use the Windows Movie Maker for your purpose. For a Mac, use the QuickTime. Debut video Capture is effective software to record video from a webcam. You can also do the same online, using the Niaveo.com.
BEST WAYS TO RECORD VIDEO FROM A WEBCAM
- Recording the video from a Webcam on a Windows computer
Windows Movie Maker software is the best suited for this purpose. Steps involved are:
- If you are using an external camera, check if the camera is properly fitted to your USB port.
- After adjusting the input volume to maximum, open the Windows Movie Maker software.
- Click on the Red/Record Button, start capturing you. If you want to stop, click on the Blue/Stop button and rename your video. Save the video to the My Videos library.
- On your video timeline, the previous video you recorded will be played automatically. Play the video and add themes, edit your video or add other creative ideas as per your wish.
- Click on the Save Movie option to save the video and choose the resolution and size.
- You video is now ready to be uploaded or shown off to family and friends.
Check also: Make high-quality video calls on weak internet
- Recording the video from a Webcam on a Mac
QuickTime is the software best suited for this purpose. Steps involved are:
- Open QuickTime and click in the New Movie Recording section.
- A pop-up screen will appear. Adjust your camera views. Select the red button to start recording the video and stop by clinging on the Stop/Blue button.
- Export or share your video on iTunes, iMovies or the web. You can also share the video on a number of social networking sites. Simply click the Share option on the top of the screen.
Check also: How to Screen Record on Mobile Through App
• Recording the video from a Webcam on your PC using software
The Debut Video Capture Software is the best suited for this purpose. Steps involved are:
- Download Debut Video Capture Software and after download, click on the Run option. Click on I agree, unclick Related Software suggestions and click next.
- Wait for a little time so that Debut will detect your webcam for you. The software will now ask you to configure your audio settings. After this is done, see the Debut main interface.
- Select the required format from the options available. Debut offers the mpg, 3gp, mp4, MOV, Avi, WMV, asf, and flv formats to choose from.
- For encoding options for portable devices like PSPs, Xbox 360s, iPods, use the MPEG4 format.
- To burn the video to DVD, choose the .mpg format.
- For changing the encoding settings, click on the icon situated next to the drop down box. This will open a settings dialogue which can help you change the encoding settings.
- Click on the sun icon on the toolbar, to adjust the brightness and contrast as needed.
- Select the output folder where you want to save the video. You can also adjust the output file name.
- Now, click on the Record/ Red button to record the video. You can also opt to use the F5 key on your keyboard.
- Click the stop button when you are done.
Check also: Periscope: Broadcast live video from Mobile
• Recording the video from a Webcam online without specific installation
The niaveo.com is the best site suited for this purpose. Steps involved are:
- Create a free new account.
- Click on the Record option situated in the left menu. Recordings can be of the duration of ten minutes.
- Add a title to the video and validate the video using the Validate option.
- Record the video and stop when you desire.
- Directly share the video to social networking sites or download the recorded video. Formats available are the flv/mov/mp4 formats.
These are the best ways to record video from a webcam.