Laptops come with a nominal amount of memory. There is a need at times, to either add up the memory or to replace the existing memory modules with new ones. How to increase laptop memory? How to upgrade the memory of your laptop? Read on to find out.
BEST WAYS TO INCREASE LAPTOP MEMORY
- Discover how much memory you already have in your laptop. To do this, right click on your “computer” or “my computer” option. Select the properties option. Also, you can click on the start button> control panel> system. You will now notice the installed memory, RAM present on your machine. Note this down.
Check also: How to Control your computer through mobile app?
- Use software with a free utility, that helps you determine the kind and the amount of RAM you have. It will also give a general idea about how much RAM your machine will hold physically. It will give a general idea about the pricing information as well as the memory size available in each memory bank.
- Proceed to purchase the memory from your retailer. Buy it in person or order it online.
- 4. The new memory modules you have in hand can be used to add or replace the old memory modules of your Laptop. Open the memory compartment on the bottom of the laptop. Check the documentation of your laptop in order to determine where the old modules are situated. A small access panel screwed shut by 1 or 2 screws will do the job.
- Now after recognizing where the access panel is situated, turn off the laptop, unplug the power source and remove the battery.
- Remove the memory access panel of the laptop. You will see the memory modules being held into place by wedge style or spring style clamps on each side.
- Line up the new modules accurately to the slot. The modules should match and slide easily into the slotted connector.
Check also: How to Keep Your Laptop From Overheating?
- Clamp the modules in place with the help of existing clamps and secure the memory access panel safely.
- Reinstall the battery and plug in the laptop. You can now turn the laptop on.
- The new Laptop memory will be automatically recognized and utilized by your Laptop.