In the modern age, the development of different apps has made the situation easier than the previous. But there are also some apps which cannot be run without internet access. Like other apps, Map is also an important one. But inbuilt app in your cell needs internet access. In this case, Maps.me is a great option. This offline map was updated at the time of Rio Olympics in 2016 for the tourists.
The map of the city has specifically designed icons for all the Olympic venues with dedicated icons for Arenas, cycling tracks, and water sports. This application is totally without internet access and the best part of this map is that it never freezes and becomes a gray square.
You can view map without access of internet. Here is the procedure to use this offline map app.
OFFLINE MAP & GPS NAVIGATION
1. You can download this app Maps.Me from play store and install it.
2. Size and android version varies according to the device which you are using.
3. There are two ways to download the map: zoom into a country on the map and tap download button and the next way are you just choose a continent and tap a country you want to download.
4. Then you just delete the maps and update. Find the country that you want to update or delete and just tap the country.
5. Locate and rotate the map that you want. Turn on GPS on your device and tap to identify your location.
Check also: Use Kathmandu Map Apps to Visit Kathmandu
6. And then you can search for the nearby place. You just tap search button, choose ‘Near Me’ and then choose a category which you want and tap it.
7. Now you can see all objects sorted by distance and then you bookmark the places. Tap on the maps until the bubble appears and taps the green cross in the corner of the bubble and tap ‘Set’ to choose the folder. You can also change the name and colors of the place to classify them.
8. You can also import and export bookmark. You have to choose a bookmark that you want to share and tap ‘Share’ button. And then type an email address and send the email that you want to share.
Check also: Download Flightradar24 Free for Android